Northumbria University LondonLondon , United Kingdom
Multicultural learning community, with excellent links with further and higher education, industry and commerce throughout the UK, Europe and beyond
- M.A. Design Management
- M.Sc. Computing and Information Technology
- M.Sc. Business with International Management
- M.Sc. Digital Marketing
- M.Sc. Business with Financial Management
- M.Sc. Business with Marketing Management
- M.Sc. Mass Communication Management
- B.A. Business Administration (completion award)
- Prep. International Foundation Programme
- M.Sc. Cyber Security
|Year of Establishment||1969|
|Location||London, United Kingdom|
Northumbria University, in Newcastle upon Tyne, is an expanding multicultural learning community, with excellent links with further and higher education, industry and commerce throughout the UK, Europe and beyond. Renowned for the excellence of its teaching, as well as for preparing students for the world of work, Northumbria also provides research opportunities for professional reflective practice.
By choosing one of our London-based courses you can look forward to a fantastic experience as a student,
combining teaching excellence with the opportunity to study in the UK’s capital.
Building your career
At Northumbria we believe that we deliver an outstanding learning and student experience and as a result you will perform to the highest academic standards, can be proud of the award you have achieved and as a Northumbria Graduate you will be:
• Equipped with contemporary knowledge of theory, research and professional practice related to their programme of study.
• Able to utilise their knowledge through critical analysis to create new knowledge and / or innovative approaches to practise proportionate to their level of study.
• Equipped for employment or further study through transferrable lifelong learning, employability and research skills
• Culturally and ethically aware and equipped to contribute positively to a diverse and global community
In all activities, your learning will be underpinned by values of equity, diversity, fairness, collegiality and a concern for ethical behaviour and for the welfare of individuals within the University and wider society.
We work with business and industry to provide a range of unique initiatives that support our students’ career potential:
• We have an enviable reputation for educating successful graduates and future business leaders. Our University is ranked fourth in the UK for graduate start-ups and our graduates are employed by leading brands across the globe. We are proud to be in the top 10 in the UK for professional graduate level employment.
• Whether you are an undergraduate or postgraduate, with Northumbria University you will benefit from a host of real world employment experience opportunities specifically focused upon the development of employability and leadership skills. These range from getting involved in business clinics, to working on specific projects with teams, as well as work based learning.
• We offer a host of work-related opportunities ranging from practical real world projects to unique work based learning with our business partners and extended communities.
• New opportunities are made available every week through our award winning Careers and Employment Service. Whether you are a budding entrepreneur or seeking to develop a professional corporate career, we provide practical training and services such as career planning, promoting yourself and guidance to help you get on the right career path.
• We offer tangible engagement with a host of professional bodies and business networks through a dedicated Business and Engagement team and one of the largest Alumni communities in the UK. In addition we offer events, lectures, and business talks.
Giving you the edge
We are a business focussed University and fundamental to our approach is our attention to employability skills. Throughout your time with us, you will receive a personal review, and development of skills and competencies required for your career. This has been developed by our award-winning business school and applies to all students enrolling onto our Business with Management Masters (International, Financial and Marketing) and Business Administration top up degree programmes for September 2014 entry.
Investing in you
All of our students studying at the London campus receive £2000 worth of specialist course vouchers. These can be used to undertake certified courses in a host of subjects including delivering presentations to effective business communications. Northumbria’s commitment begins as soon as students arrive and support extends long after graduation through a rich and well-connected network of Alumni.
Learn from the best
Our business engagement team is well respected and operates on a regional, national and global basis. Your experience with us at Northumbria University London Campus is focussed on enhancing learning and bringing to life theories and concepts through real-world examples, visiting speaker programme, engagement with practitioners, company profiles, recorded interviews with operational managers and business leaders from a variety of industry sectors.
The heart of the City
Our Campus is located in central London, in the heart of one of the most vibrant and dynamic business communities in the world. Here we regularly engage with high profile business leaders and inspiring entrepreneurs to offer aspirational talks and fuel for your future plans and aspirations.