M.Sc. Auditing, Management Accounting and Information SSkema Business School France
SKEMA Business School is a school created by the merger of two French schools, CERAM Business School and Groupe ESC Lille in 2009
|Delivery Mode||On Campus|
|Study Option||Full Time|
|Duration||1 Year, 6 months|
|Tuition Fee||€ 16000|
|Start Date||September 2016|
Programme taught in English at the Paris campus. September intake
This MSc is a CGE accredited, full-time course taught over an eighteen-month period.
Participants develop an in-depth understanding of audit, management control and information systems, and of the different ways it contributes to competitive advantage and to the wealth and advancement of society.
The MSc provides students with a range of knowledge, tools and skills and the ability to use them in a variety of operational & entrepreneurial situations in order to become responsible managers and contribute to sustainable development. Students develop the ability to think analytically in order to successfully apply their knowledge and technical expertise to the solution of real business problems.
The programme supports and encourages students to develop their individual managerial and research capabilities in order to become key actors of change for their companies, profession and the global business environment.
Why choose this programme
Preparation for the main national or international professional certiﬁcations in the ﬁelds of audit and management control
Lectures delivered mainly by international experts
Links with professional bodies and research organisations, at national and international level (IFACI, DFCG, CIMA…)
With a view to gaining the high academic and professional levels this course includes preparation for the main professional certifications and diplomas in the field (the student must choose between the following: CIMA Certificates “Certificate in Business Accounting”, “Advanced Diploma in Management Accounting”, CISA certificate in information systems audit).
They answered questions about the programme, studying in France/at SKEMA etc.
Requirements - MSc:
- A four-year degree or equivalent (or, in some cases: a three-year degree plus substantial professional experience; or for UK applicants only: a three-year bachelor's degree with honours).
- A good score in one of the following English language tests: TOEFL (580 institutional testing programme / 237 computer-based test and 92 internet-based test), TOEIC (830), ELS (112), IELTS (6.5) or equivalent. MSc Global Luxury Management's calendar info, visa info and language test requirements here.
- Note: no English language test score is required for students who have a degree from an English-speaking university.
- A GMAT or GRE score will be to the candidate’s advantage.
Requirements - Two-Year MSc:
- Have a three-year bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- A score report attesting a sufficient level of English (TOEFL 560, TOEIC 800, IELTS 6, ELS 110 or equivalent)*
Note: no English language test score is required for students who have a degree from an English-speaking university.
- GMAT or GRE score will be to the candidate’s advantage
* Students will be required to reach the necessary level for the MSc before moving to year two.
The Two-Year MSc is not available for students going on to do the MSc Global Luxury Management
Particular requirements for the ME MSc Engineering - Management postgraduate double-degree master's programme double degree with USTC
- Students must have a bachelor's or equivalent degree in science, engineering or management. Students must have basic mathematics knowledge: they should have learnt at least advanced mathematics, probability theory and technical statistics, linear algebra in their bachelor's programme.
The selection is in two parts:
1. Eligibility: online application
A selection committee examines the application submission taking into account the candidate's qualifications and professional experience.
2. Admission: If the application submission is judged satisfactory, candidates undergo a face-to-face/via Skype, or telephone interview. The interview lasts about 30 minutes is based on a typical job interview.
Successful candidates will be admitted on the basis of the application form and the interview.
Recruitment is carried out on a rolling admissions basis. However, given the limited number of places, candidates are advised to apply as early as possible.
Requirements for the mastères spécialisés:
- Five years' higher education
- Four years' higher education plus three years' professional experience.
- Some candidiates with only four years' higher education may be admitted every year (to a maximum of 30 % of the class).
Welcome seminars, 2 days
- Performance Management, 20 hrs, 2 credits
- New Trends in Management Control, 30 hrs, 4 credits
Audit and International Accounting
- Certification, 30 hrs, 4 credits
- Group Accounting, 30 hrs, 4 credits
- Internal Audit, 30 hrs, 3 credits
- Information Systems and Management Control, 30 hrs, 3 credits
- Decision Support Systems - Business Objects, 30 hrs, 4 credits
- Globalisation, 15 hrs, 3 credits
- Research Methodology, 15 hrs, 2 credits
- Project Management, 15 hrs, 2 credits
- Valuation of Intangible Assets, 15 hrs, 2 credits
- Advanced Strategy, 15 hrs, 3 credits
- Value-based Management and Innovation, 15 hrs, 2 credits
Setting in professional situations
- Business Project and Effective Decision-making, 30 hrs, 4 credits
- Management Simulation, 30 hrs, 4 credits
- Professional & Personal Development, 10 hrs, 2 credits
Dissertation, 30 credits
Professional specialisation -preparation for professional certificates – choose one from:
- Internal Audit (in French), 90 hrs, 12 credits
- External Audit (in French and English), 90 hrs, 12 credits
- Management Control (in English), 90 hrs, 12 credits
- Information Systems (in French), 90 hrs, 12 credits
TOTAL: 450 hrs, 90 credits
These details are for information only and may be changed by the school without prior notice.
Preparation to certifications
With a view to gaining the high academic and professional levels this course includes preparation for the main professional certifications and diplomas (there's a choice of four specialisations):
- Management Accounting - CIMA Certificates “Certificate in Business Accounting” and the "Advanced Diploma in Management Accounting”
The Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA) signed an agreement with SKEMA Business School in September 2006.
Students enrolled in the Masters in Auditing, Management Accounting and Information Systems, can prepare three of CIMA’s examinations (C1, P2 - Performance Management, E2 - Enterprise Management). If they succeed both the programme and all three CIMA examinations as well as the case study under the new syllabus, they will meet the conditions needed to obtain the “Certificate in Business Accounting and Advanced Diploma in Management Accounting”, and will on the route to becoming chartered management accountants. CIMA certifications also help participants gain international recognition.
- CISA certificate in information systems audit, and practice on SAP
- External audit
The master of science (MSc) total course duration is 18 months (90 credits ECTS). The programme will comprise 4 months of full-time courses (from September to December), 4 months of full-time internship (from January to April), followed by a second period of full time courses from May to July.
The programme combines a wide range of pedagogical approaches in order to foster the personal and professional development of the participants. They include lectures, on-line support, public speaking, group dynamics, confrontations, and participative methods.
Real-life case studies: newly acquired skills are used to work on real case studies and teams work closely with top management to analyse the industry, company, and specific strategic issues. Then they recommend action plans, and implementations.
Estimated monthly cost of living:
- Accommodation: €400
- Food: €300
- Transportation: bus pass for students (Antibes-Sophia): free
- Recreational activities: €150
Bear in mind that five or six books will be needed each semester (€50 each on average).