M.A. MarketingMiddlesex University Dubai
Middlesex University is a dynamic university with a reputation for innovation and excellence in teaching and research.
|Delivery Mode||On Campus|
|Study Option||Full Time|
|Tuition Fee||$ 27224|
|Start Date||September 2016|
Marketing communications is a creative and exciting area within the fast-changing global media environment. This popular course combines marketing strategy and the powerful tools of integrated marketing communications to support your entry into, or progress in a marketing career. The programme provides a framework for the study of marketing communications as a key business management discipline. It is specifically designed for students wishing to expand their knowledge and expertise relating to the theory and practice of integrated marketing communications.
Why Choose MA Marketing Communications
- Great combination of practice and theory – the course is delivered by professionals and full- time academics with industry experience.
- Includes weekend session within the UAE where students experience first-hand the decision-making process taken by marketing directors; all hotel costs are included in the fees.
- A regular programme of guest lectures by prominent speakers on key issues in business and marketing.
- Skills can be applied to a wide variety of topics including product/service marketing, public relations, political marketing, social and health promotions.
- Our multi-cultural student body, works in a range of industries, bringing unique business perspectives to the classroom.
- Students undertake a project-based dissertation module, where taught skills are applied to develop a marketing communications strategy or an entrepreneurial business plan for a real-life company.
- Based in Dubai, the world’s truly international and dynamic city.We are conveniently located in Knowledge Village next to the region’s media epicentre – the Dubai Media City.
Academic and Work Experience Requirements
Potential candidates are encouraged to contact our Admissions Office for individual consultation on a case-by-case basis. Normally a second class UK Honours degree or above, or overseas equivalent qualification is required. Applicants without a degree who have minimum three (3) years of significant managerial experience in sales or marketing will also be considered.
You must have competence in English language and we normally require Grade C GCSE or an equivalent qualification. The most common English Language requirements for international students is IELTS 6.5 (with minimum 6.0 in all four components). For details of other equivalent English language requirements that Middlesex accepts please contact our Admissions Office.
English Language Requirements (Postgraduate)
All programmes at Middlesex University Dubai are taught in English and applicants with previous education outside of English-speaking countries (such as the UK, the United States, Canada, England, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand), must demonstrate English language proficiency as follows:
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) (Academic exam ONLY): Overall: 6.5
- Pearson Test of English (PTE): Academic: 58, General: Level 4.
Minimum score required for Post-Graduate: 87 (with at least 21 in listening & writing, 22 in speaking and 23 in reading)
This course covers the key subjects related to marketing communications as a strategic marketing tool, including an analysis of the core components of marketing communications, such as advertising, public relations and sales promotions. Both traditional and new media forms are examined and their effectiveness analysed in the context of durable products, fast-moving consumer goods, services and social marketing campaigns. You will develop your knowledge, skills and capabilities to an advanced level in research (in marketing) and strategic marketing and decisionmaking. An emphasis on strategic marketing gives you the skills to participate in the formulation, implementation and evaluation of organisationwide decisions related to competition, products and consumers.
For more details on Academic Calendar , click here http://www.mdx.ac.ae/life-at-university/academic-calendar
MKT4051 Consumer Behaviour: Decision-Making Processes (15 Credits) - Compulsory
MKT4070 Integrated Brand Communications - Tools Strategies (30 Credits) - Compulsory
MKT4009/ Dissertation (60 Credits) - Compulsory
MKT4017 Marketing Communications Analytics (15 Credits) - Compulsory
MKT4102 Practitioner Perspectives (15 Credits) - Compulsory
MKT 4012 Advertising Digital Marketing (30 Credits) - Compulsory
MKT 4029 Professional Practice Project (60 Credits) - Optional
Marketing Research Processes (15 Credits) - Optional