B.Sc. Psychology with MarketingMiddlesex University Dubai
Middlesex University is a dynamic university with a reputation for innovation and excellence in teaching and research.
|Delivery Mode||On Campus|
|Study Option||Full Time|
|Tuition Fee||$ 40837|
|Start Date||September 2016|
The Bachelor of Science Honours degree in Psychology with Marketing combines a broad education in psychology with a specialist strand to develop an understanding of the theory and practice of marketing (including consumer behaviour). Candidates have the opportunity to study psychology as a subject combined with another discipline. This can lead to careers in diverse occupations that do not carry the title ‘psychologist’ because the skills acquired while studying psychology transfer readily to various spheres in the world of work and provide an excellent general education. The skills that students will learn while studying psychology include: information finding, oral and written communication, numeracy, computer literacy, time-management, problem solving, group working and the ability to carry out independent research.
Provides a sound knowledge of psychology and Marketing appropriate to future professional work. Introduces the broad range of theoretical and methodological approaches to psychology. Encourages students to develop a critical approach to their studies, evaluating theory and evidence accordingly. Equips students to communicate effectively in written and numerical forms. Encourages independent and experiential learning, the development of oral communication skills, and the capacity for independent work.
Why Study BSc Honours Psychology with Marketing
Psychology with Marketing programme provides a combination of core psychology courses along with specific attention to specialisation in marketing. The courses are designed for those who are interested to pursue either getting higher qualification in applied fields of psychology or choosing to specialise in stream i.e. MBA in marketing. The emphasis of this programme besides equipping the students with academic reading writing, critical thinking, researching, numeracy and use of IT is developing skills required to understand human behaviour in various cultural and social context and to appreciate individual difference in perceiving themselves and others. Learning psychology in general is exciting and when combined with a strand of managerial skills it adds up the enthusiasm, provides wider horizon to work with different organisational set up.
We accept students with a diverse range of entry qualifications and from varying backgrounds. The following qualifications are normally considered for admission into undergraduate programmes:
- Successful completion of the Middlesex University International Foundation Programme (IFP)* (equivalent programmes from other Universities/Colleges/Institutes will be considered).
- British National Curriculum (GCSE): We normally make offers on 280 UCAS tariff points,2 academic subjects at A-Level with grade “C” or above along with at least 5 subjects at O-Levels, anything below 160 UCAS tariff points will not be considered.
- Indian Secondary School Certificates issued by the CBSE/ISC boards/NIOS/All state boards may be considered: minimum grade of 55% overall
- International Baccalaureate: completion of IB diploma with 24 points overall
- Pakistani National Curriculum: completion of Year 1 at a recognised post-secondary institution (university/college). Candidates that have successfully completed FSC/HSC are admitted to the International Foundation Programme (IFP)*
- Iranian Pre-University Certificate: minimum overall grade of 12. Students completing the High School Diploma are admitted to the International Foundation Programme (IFP)*
- Nigerian Senior School Leaving Certificate: Candidates are admitted to the International Foundation Programme (IFP)*
- National Curriculum of the countries of Russia, Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Turkmenistan, Tajikistan, and Uzbekistan: Candidates are admitted to the International Foundation Programme (IFP)*
- West African GCE: Candidates are admitted to the International Foundation Programme (IFP)*
- BTEC Level 3 qualification may be considered for direct entry into an undergraduate programme.
English Language Requirements (Undergraduate)
All programmes at Middlesex University Dubai are taught in English and applicants with previous education outside of English-speaking countries (such as the UK, the United States, Canada, England, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand), must demonstrate English language proficiency as follows:
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) (Academic exam ONLY): Overall: 6.0
- Pearson Test of English (PTE): Academic: 51, General: Level 3.
Minimum score required for Undergraduate : 72 (with at least 17 in listening & writing, 20 in speaking and 18 in reading)
Additionally, students with the following qualifications may be considered as having met the English language requirements:
- British National Curriculum (GCSE): grade “C” or higher in English at O-Level/AS-Level/ A-level
- International Baccalaureate: English A1 or A2 (Standard or Higher Level) – minimum grade 4; English B (Higher Level) – minimum grade 4; English B (Standard Level) – minimum grade 5.
- Indian Secondary School Certificates issued by the CBSE/ISC boards/NIOS/All state boards: minimum grade of 70% in English
- West African/Nigerian Curriculum: WAEC/WASSCE/SSSCE English – minimum grade “C6“
The BSc Honours Psychology with Marketing programme will equip you with knowledge and practical skills in two distinct and yet complimentary subject areas. The skills that students will learn while studying psychology include: information finding, oral and written communication, numeracy, computer literacy, time-management, problem solving, group working and the ability to carry out independent research.
For more details on Academic Calendar , click here http://www.mdx.ac.ae/life-at-university/academic-calendar
Principles of Marketing (30 Credits) - Compulsory
Research Methods and Design in Psychology (30 Credits) - Compulsory
Psychological Data Analysis (30 Credits) - Compulsory
Foundation Psychology (30 Credits) - Compulsory
Research Methods and Ethics in Psychology (30 Credits) - Compulsory
Developmental Psychology (30 Credits) - Compulsory
Buyer Behaviour (30 Credits) - Compulsory
Biological Cognitive Psychology (30 Credits) - Compulsory
Dissertation in Psychology (30 Credits) - Compulsory
Social Psychology and Individual Differences (30 Credits) - Compulsory
Dissertation (30 Credits) - Compulsory
Business Psychology (30 Credits) - Compulsory
Direct and Customer Relationship Marketing (30 Credits) - Optional