B.Sc. Psychology with Human Resource ManagementMiddlesex University Dubai
Middlesex University is a dynamic university with a reputation for innovation and excellence in teaching and research.
|Delivery Mode||On Campus|
|Study Option||Full Time|
|Tuition Fee||$ 40837|
|Start Date||September 2016|
Psychology is the scientific study of behaviour and the human mind. At Middlesex University Dubai, we offer a solid grounding in modern psychology - a body of theoretical and practical knowledge concerning human behaviour and experiences. This programme combines a broad education in Psychology with a specialist strand to develop an understanding of the theory and practice of Human Resource Management (including organisational behaviour). Graduates of the programme will be eligible and well prepared to undertake specialised postgraduate training to become qualified to practice as occupational or organisational psychologists.
Combining Psychology with Another Discipline
This Honours degree programme offers students a solid grounding in Psychology but also allows specialisation in complementary areas through the various pathways available. The programme is specifically designed for those who wish to pursue a career where an understanding and knowledge of human resource management is essential. The psychology programme has a strong focus on the practical investigation of human behaviour, culminating in the opportunity to undertake an independent piece of research in the final year.
Why Study BSc Honours Psychology with HR Management
Psychology with HRM programme provides a combination of core psychology courses along with specific attention to a specialisation in human resource management. The courses are designed for those who are interested to pursue either getting higher qualification in applied fields of psychology or in specific areas such as MA in HRM . The emphasis of this programme besides equipping the students with academic reading writing, critical thinking, researching, numeracy and use of IT is developing skills required to understand human behaviour in various cultural and social context and to appreciate individual difference in perceiving themselves and others. Learning psychology in general is exciting and when combined with a strand of managerial skills it adds up the enthusiasm, provides wider horizon to work with different organisational set up.
We accept students with a diverse range of entry qualifications and from varying backgrounds. The following qualifications are normally considered for admission into undergraduate programmes:
- Successful completion of the Middlesex University International Foundation Programme (IFP)* (equivalent programmes from other Universities/Colleges/Institutes will be considered).
- British National Curriculum (GCSE): We normally make offers on 280 UCAS tariff points,2 academic subjects at A-Level with grade “C” or above along with at least 5 subjects at O-Levels, anything below 160 UCAS tariff points will not be considered.
- Indian Secondary School Certificates issued by the CBSE/ISC boards/NIOS/All state boards may be considered: minimum grade of 55% overall
- International Baccalaureate: completion of IB diploma with 24 points overall
- Pakistani National Curriculum: completion of Year 1 at a recognised post-secondary institution (university/college). Candidates that have successfully completed FSC/HSC are admitted to the International Foundation Programme (IFP)*
- Iranian Pre-University Certificate: minimum overall grade of 12. Students completing the High School Diploma are admitted to the International Foundation Programme (IFP)*
- Nigerian Senior School Leaving Certificate: Candidates are admitted to the International Foundation Programme (IFP)*
- National Curriculum of the countries of Russia, Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Turkmenistan, Tajikistan, and Uzbekistan: Candidates are admitted to the International Foundation Programme (IFP)*
- West African GCE: Candidates are admitted to the International Foundation Programme (IFP)*
- BTEC Level 3 qualification may be considered for direct entry into an undergraduate programme.
English Language Requirements (Undergraduate)
All programmes at Middlesex University Dubai are taught in English and applicants with previous education outside of English-speaking countries (such as the UK, the United States, Canada, England, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand), must demonstrate English language proficiency as follows:
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) (Academic exam ONLY): Overall: 6.0
- Pearson Test of English (PTE): Academic: 51, General: Level 3.
Minimum score required for Undergraduate : 72 (with at least 17 in listening & writing, 20 in speaking and 18 in reading)
Additionally, students with the following qualifications may be considered as having met the English language requirements:
- British National Curriculum (GCSE): grade “C” or higher in English at O-Level/AS-Level/ A-level
- International Baccalaureate: English A1 or A2 (Standard or Higher Level) – minimum grade 4; English B (Higher Level) – minimum grade 4; English B (Standard Level) – minimum grade 5.
- Indian Secondary School Certificates issued by the CBSE/ISC boards/NIOS/All state boards: minimum grade of 70% in English
- West African/Nigerian Curriculum: WAEC/WASSCE/SSSCE English – minimum grade “C6“
The degree provides sound understanding of basic core courses that start at foundation level in year one and develops in depth and details in year 2 and 3. The main focus of various modules is to enhance critical thinking and evaluation of taught concepts and theories, the development of numerical and analytical skills which culminate into developing capacity to carry out independent research project. In addition to all other basic core modules students must complete a dissertation which is intended to demonstrate the student’s ability to carry out a research oriented piece of work and to relate the theoretical knowledge gained through the programme to empirical data. For the dissertation, the focus is on independent, self-managed, self-directed study within a framework of supervision.
For more details on Academic Calendar , click here http://www.mdx.ac.ae/life-at-university/academic-calendar
Understanding People in Organisations (30 Credits) - Compulsory
Research Methods and Design in Psychology (30 Credits) - Compulsory
Psychological Data Analysis (30 Credits) - Compulsory
Foundation Psychology (30 Credits) - Compulsory
Research Methods and Ethics in Psychology (30 Credits) - Compulsory
Human Resources Management in Practice (30 Credits) - Compulsory
Developmental Psychology (30 Credits) - Compulsory
Biological Cognitive Psychology (30 Credits) - Compulsory
Optional Module in HRM (30 Credits) - Compulsory
Social Psychology and Individual Differences (30 Credits) - Compulsory
Dissertation in Psychology (30 Credits) - Compulsory
Business Psychology (30 Credits) - Compulsory