B.Sc. Business Information SystemsMiddlesex University Dubai
Middlesex University is a dynamic university with a reputation for innovation and excellence in teaching and research.
|Delivery Mode||On Campus|
|Study Option||Full Time|
|Tuition Fee||$ 40837|
|Start Date||September 2016|
A Business Information Systems degree is a basis for a wide range of business and computer-based careers including organisational management, Systems Architects, Chief Information Officer, and Enterprise Architects. You will be taught by experts in the field in a high-tech lab and have access to specialist equipment.
Why Study BSc Honours Business Information Systems
The field of business information systems is a multi-faceted one with exciting job prospects. By choosing our course, you will gain an understanding of how organisations can use information systems to support their strategic, tactical and operational activities.
- Multidisciplinary course.
- Programme provides a holistic approach to information systems and business computing.
- Suitable for students who do not have an affinity for programming.
- Students develop project management skills related to information systems and technology projects, and have an opportunity to implement these skills in their final year project.
- Graduates become key players in managing information, technology and people.
- Career coaching and support available through the Careers and Employability Service.
- Option to transfer to London campus.
We accept students with a diverse range of entry qualifications and from varying backgrounds. The following qualifications are normally considered for admission into undergraduate programmes:
- Successful completion of the Middlesex University International Foundation Programme (IFP)* (equivalent programmes from other Universities/Colleges/Institutes will be considered).
- British National Curriculum (GCSE): We normally make offers on 280 UCAS tariff points,2 academic subjects at A-Level with grade “C” or above along with at least 5 subjects at O-Levels, anything below 160 UCAS tariff points will not be considered.
- Indian Secondary School Certificates issued by the CBSE/ISC boards/NIOS/All state boards may be considered: minimum grade of 55% overall
- International Baccalaureate: completion of IB diploma with 24 points overall
- Pakistani National Curriculum: completion of Year 1 at a recognised post-secondary institution (university/college). Candidates that have successfully completed FSC/HSC are admitted to the International Foundation Programme (IFP)*
- Iranian Pre-University Certificate: minimum overall grade of 12. Students completing the High School Diploma are admitted to the International Foundation Programme (IFP)*
- Nigerian Senior School Leaving Certificate: Candidates are admitted to the International Foundation Programme (IFP)*
- National Curriculum of the countries of Russia, Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Turkmenistan, Tajikistan, and Uzbekistan: Candidates are admitted to the International Foundation Programme (IFP)*
- West African GCE: Candidates are admitted to the International Foundation Programme (IFP)*
- BTEC Level 3 qualification may be considered for direct entry into an undergraduate programme.
English Language Requirements (Undergraduate)
All programmes at Middlesex University Dubai are taught in English and applicants with previous education outside of English-speaking countries (such as the UK, the United States, Canada, England, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand), must demonstrate English language proficiency as follows:
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) (Academic exam ONLY): Overall: 6.0
- Pearson Test of English (PTE): Academic: 51, General: Level 3.
Minimum score required for Undergraduate : 72 (with at least 17 in listening & writing, 20 in speaking and 18 in reading)
Additionally, students with the following qualifications may be considered as having met the English language requirements:
- British National Curriculum (GCSE): grade “C” or higher in English at O-Level/AS-Level/ A-level
- International Baccalaureate: English A1 or A2 (Standard or Higher Level) – minimum grade 4; English B (Higher Level) – minimum grade 4; English B (Standard Level) – minimum grade 5.
- Indian Secondary School Certificates issued by the CBSE/ISC boards/NIOS/All state boards: minimum grade of 70% in English
- West African/Nigerian Curriculum: WAEC/WASSCE/SSSCE English – minimum grade “C6“
The content is structured in ways that map explicitly on to modern technology. Core modules such as Business Information Systems in Practice, Database Design, and Decision Support Systems are thoroughly covered in this course. You will develop a foundational understanding of how information systems occur in organisations and learn how organisational and information systems design relate to a wide range of businesses.
For more details on Academic Calendar , click here http://www.mdx.ac.ae/life-at-university/academic-calendar
Introduction to Business and Organisations (30 Credits) - Compulsory
Information in Organisations (30 Credits) - Compulsory
Information Systems Foundations (30 Credits) - Compulsory
Business Information Systems in Practice (30 Credits) - Compulsory
Information Systems Research (30 Credits) - Compulsory
IS Analysis and Design (30 Credits) - Compulsory
Decision Support Systems (30 Credits) - Compulsory
Database Design (30 Credits) - Compulsory
IS Project (30 Credits) - Compulsory
Systems Development Methodologies (30 Credits) - Optional
Strategic Management and IS (30 Credits) - Optional
Open Source Software (30 Credits) - Optional
Innovation and Technology Management (30 Credits) - Optional
Healthcare Business Informatics (30 Credits) - Optional
Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence (30 Credits) - Optional
Social, Professional and Ethical Issues in Information Systems (30 Credits) - Optional