B.A. Business Administration/MarketingMiddlesex University Dubai
Middlesex University is a dynamic university with a reputation for innovation and excellence in teaching and research.
|Delivery Mode||On Campus|
|Study Option||Full Time|
|Tuition Fee||$ 40837|
|Start Date||September 2016|
Our degree is the ideal choice for students who wish to develop marketing expertise within a range of businesses and companies and learn to communicate and ‘sell’ their ideas to commercial audiences. Supported by expert tutors, who bring industry experience to their teaching, you will study the key functions that underpin business success and learn to deliver marketing campaigns with confidence.
The career options are broad with our Business Management (Marketing) pathway. You will be well placed to enter a diverse range of corporate, governmental and third sector organisations.
Why Study BA Honours Business Management - Marketing
Middlesex University Dubai provides students with the opportunity to achieve an Honours Degree in Business Management (Marketing) in three years. This degree will provide you with skills that managers and marketing professionals require to manage and market products and services effectively within a globalised and competitive business landscape. The programme is structured to enable students to develop a range of theoretical and practical business skills with a marketing focus, including; e-marketing, branding, strategy, relationship management and advertising. Such knowledge and skills are required to be effective within a professional context. Therefore, our marketing pathway allows you to shape your studies towards your career ambitions and develop the specialist marketing skills to thrive in a business environment.
We accept students with a diverse range of entry qualifications and from varying backgrounds. The following qualifications are normally considered for admission into undergraduate programmes:
- Successful completion of the Middlesex University International Foundation Programme (IFP)* (equivalent programmes from other Universities/Colleges/Institutes will be considered).
- British National Curriculum (GCSE): We normally make offers on 280 UCAS tariff points,2 academic subjects at A-Level with grade “C” or above along with at least 5 subjects at O-Levels, anything below 160 UCAS tariff points will not be considered.
- Indian Secondary School Certificates issued by the CBSE/ISC boards/NIOS/All state boards may be considered: minimum grade of 55% overall
- International Baccalaureate: completion of IB diploma with 24 points overall
- Pakistani National Curriculum: completion of Year 1 at a recognised post-secondary institution (university/college). Candidates that have successfully completed FSC/HSC are admitted to the International Foundation Programme (IFP)*
- Iranian Pre-University Certificate: minimum overall grade of 12. Students completing the High School Diploma are admitted to the International Foundation Programme (IFP)*
- Nigerian Senior School Leaving Certificate: Candidates are admitted to the International Foundation Programme (IFP)*
- National Curriculum of the countries of Russia, Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Turkmenistan, Tajikistan, and Uzbekistan: Candidates are admitted to the International Foundation Programme (IFP)*
- West African GCE: Candidates are admitted to the International Foundation Programme (IFP)*
- BTEC Level 3 qualification may be considered for direct entry into an undergraduate programme.
English Language Requirements (Undergraduate)
All programmes at Middlesex University Dubai are taught in English and applicants with previous education outside of English-speaking countries (such as the UK, the United States, Canada, England, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand), must demonstrate English language proficiency as follows:
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) (Academic exam ONLY): Overall: 6.0
- Pearson Test of English (PTE): Academic: 51, General: Level 3.
Minimum score required for Undergraduate : 72 (with at least 17 in listening & writing, 20 in speaking and 18 in reading)
Additionally, students with the following qualifications may be considered as having met the English language requirements:
- British National Curriculum (GCSE): grade “C” or higher in English at O-Level/AS-Level/ A-level
- International Baccalaureate: English A1 or A2 (Standard or Higher Level) – minimum grade 4; English B (Higher Level) – minimum grade 4; English B (Standard Level) – minimum grade 5.
- Indian Secondary School Certificates issued by the CBSE/ISC boards/NIOS/All state boards: minimum grade of 70% in English
- West African/Nigerian Curriculum: WAEC/WASSCE/SSSCE English – minimum grade “C6“
In Year 1 you will complete four compulsory modules to develop essential skills and knowledge in business management.
In Year 2 you will study three core modules to understand essential business issues. You will also choose an optional marketing module from: Brand Management, Consumer Behaviour or Entrepreneurship and Small Business Marketing.
In your final year you will study two compulsory modules in Strategic Management and Services Marketing. You will also choose two optional modules from specialist marketing modules: E-Marketing and Social Media, International Marketing or Advertising and Promotion.
You will develop key business skills, knowledge and experience in order to excel in a management career. Companies and organisations require graduates who have expert business knowledge, who can also demonstrate analytical and problem solving skills, with the professional acumen to deal with challenges in a fast-paced business environment. You will learn to work effectively in teams, and be able to present and communicate business management ideas with confidence. We also ensure you develop specialist knowledge in:
- Stakeholders: their expectations and behaviour
- The environment of business and its impact on strategy
- Design, production and distribution of products and services
- Business resources: acquisition, application and control
- Business process: planning, improvement and control