M.Sc. Business Consulting & Information Systems ManagemSkema Business School France
SKEMA Business School is a school created by the merger of two French schools, CERAM Business School and Groupe ESC Lille in 2009
|Delivery Mode||On Campus|
|Study Option||Full Time|
|Tuition Fee||€ 16000|
|Start Date||September 2016|
Created in response to the job market’s need for graduates with these types of expertise
Programme taught in English at the Sophia Antipolis campus (September intake)
This MSc is a full-time course taught over a twelve-month period. There are eight months of taught courses, followed by four to six months for the dissertation and internship.
Jointly designed with SAP, EY (Ernst & Young), Amadeus and PMI® France, the purpose of this programme is to train highly qualified professionals in information systems.
Courses on SAP will be held on the premises of SAP Labs France at Sophia Antipolis. EY courses (leader on the French market for information systems auditing) will be delivered by the firm's senior consultants and partners: they will address information systems audit, but also the legal, tax and security aspects of these systems. Courses in Project Management will enable you to achieve a professional certification in Project Management.
Why choose this programme
The content of this international programme has been defined by some of the world’s most prominent players in information systems with reference to their recruitment needs and those of their principal clients.
In-company projects and assignments
→ Supply chain management (CMA CGM)
→ E-commerce (Salomon)
→ E-government (Conseil Général 06)
→ Project management (IBM)
→ IS audit (EY - Ernst & Young)
→ IS consulting (EY - Ernst & Young)
→ Project support engineer (SAP)
→ Software methodology (Amadeus)
What sets this MSc apart?
- This MSc was created in response to the need, in the market and in companies, for graduates with this type of expertise.
- Graduates are easily employable. Most students are recruited even before graduation.
- Graduates are multi-disciplinary, having both commercial and technical competences.
- Every year the curriculum is revised in detail with the programme’s partners.
- Programme partners: SAP, EY, Amadeus, PMI®, Capgemini, Inventy Consulting, as well as smaller consulting companies.
- The MSc and its graduates benefit from the high-tech and international context of the Sophia Antipolis technology park.
- Courses are taught by practitioners from the above partner companies and organisations.
- The programme balances competences of project management, consulting, and information systems management:
- Project management: all professors are certified by PMI, and all our students are given the opportunity to obtain the globally recognised PMI certification.
- Consulting: we work with key players in the market (e.g. former KPMG manager teaches the Strategy & Consulting course).
- Information systems management: students do a four-week seminar on SAP tools at SAP Labs; students also gain ITIL certification.
Change Management certification (BC option)
- A four-year degree or equivalent (or, in some cases: a three-year degree plus substantial professional experience; or for UK applicants only: a three-year bachelor's degree with honours).
- A good score in one of the following English language tests: TOEFL (580 institutional testing programme / 237 computer-based test and 92 internet-based test), TOEIC (830), ELS (112), IELTS (6.5) or equivalent. MSc Global Luxury Management's calendar info, visa info and language test requirements here.
- Note: no English language test score is required for students who have a degree from an English-speaking university.
- A GMAT or GRE score will be to the candidate’s advantage.
Breakdown of courses by semester
S1 / S2 : Semester 1 or 2
Common Business Skills, 8 credits
- Introduction to BC&ISM with privileged access to our partners S1
- Globalisation S1, 3 credits
Project Management Skills, 13 to 15 credits
- Project Management Fundamentals with practice of MS Project, S1, 4 credits
- Professional Consulting Project with companies of the region using PMI® methodology S1 & S2, 6 credits
- Option BC: Portfolio Management S2, 2 credits
- Certification: CAPM® or PMP® S2, 2 credits
- Agile Methodology S2, 2 credits
Business Consulting Skills, 20 to 28 credits
- Strategy & Organisation Consulting in SMEs S1, 4 credits
- Advanced Strategy S2, 3 credits
- Business Process Management: Methodology & its solutions on ERP (SAP), CRM,
- Innovation Management & Digital Transformation S2, 2 credits
- Design to Cost S2, 2 credits
- IT Business Strategy S2, 2 credits
- Managing Change Effectively S2, 3 credits
- Option BC: Communication Skills for Consultant S1, 2 credits
- Option BC: Cap Gemini seminar S1, 0 credits
- Option BC: Lean Management Six Sigma S2, 2 credits
- Option BC: Knowledge Management S2, 2 credits
- Option BC: Advanced Change Management (certification) S2, 2 credits
- Seminar Onepoint S2, 0 credits
Information System Management Skills, 8 to 18 credits
- Basic IT Technical Skills (Excel & Access) S1, 2 credits
- Audit IT & Risk Management/ CobiT S1, 2 credits
- SAP Technical Fundamentals: SI Architecture and SI(SAP01) S1, 4 credits
- Option ISM: IT Technical Skills S1, 2 credits
- Option ISM: SAP TERP 10 certification, 8 credits
Professional Development & Dissertation, 34 credits
- Professional Development S1 & S2, 2 credits
- Research Methods and Critical Thinking S1, 3 credits
- Dissertation, 30 credits
TOTAL credits: 90 credits
These details are for information only and may be changed by the school without prior notice.
Why choose this programme [MSc Buiseness and information]
The content of this international programme has been defined by some of the world’s most prominent players in information systems with reference to their recruitment needs and those of their principal clients. Beyond being a course offering a diploma of a high academic level, it also enables participants to prepare for professional certifications:
- PMI® (CAPM® or PMP®, depending on your professional experience)
- ITIL® certification (option ISM)
- Change Management certification (BC option)
Recognised internationally, these three certifications, added to the quality of the training given by industrial experts from EY, Amadeus, SAP and PMI® France make this MSc a springboard for a professional career in this field.
Finally, the MSc in Business Consulting & Information Systems Management benefits from the competitive, high-tech and international context of the Sophia Antipolis technology park. This unique environment provides preferential access to leading-edge businesses, consulting groups and industries.