M.Sc. International Hospitality ManagementSkema Business School France
SKEMA Business School is a school created by the merger of two French schools, CERAM Business School and Groupe ESC Lille in 2009
|Delivery Mode||On Campus|
|Study Option||Full Time|
|Tuition Fee||€ 16000|
|Start Date||September 2016|
2015: SMBG ranked the MSc International Hospitality Management 7th in France in its category. See the ranking
Taught in English on the French Riviera at SKEMA Business School.
In addition to the MSc degree, students will have the opportunity to obtain the professional Certification in Hotel Industry Analytics (CHIA)
SKEMA and Ferrières, the School of French Excellence, are combining their expertise in the fields of luxury, gastronomy and tourism by offering unique joint programmes.
As of the '16-'17 school year, students of SKEMA's MSc International Hospitality Management will take two intensive seminars jointly developed by the two institutions and taught on the beautiful campus of Ferrières.
To prepare current or future hospitality professionals for management positions. More specifically, the objectives for students are to
- understand the tourism sector and the role of hospitality in this system
- apply managerial, financial, and marketing knowledge to hospitality projects
- focus on data analytics, electronic distribution and yield management strategies
- understand visitor behaviour and its impact on hospitality management strategies
- learn sustainable and quality management techniques and certification procedures
- understand the focus on service attitude, service delivery, quality, and innovation
- anticipate the upcoming challenges that the hospitality sector faces
*In addition to the academic degree, students can earn the professional Certification in Hotel Industry Analytics (CHIA)
Certification in Hotel Industry Analytics (CHIA)
This is the leading hotel-related certification for university students graduating from Hospitality and Tourism programs throughout the world. This recognition provides evidence of a thorough knowledge of the foundational metrics and definitions that are used by the hotel industry.
Watch this video to learn more about the CHIA - Certification in Hotel Industry Analytics (CHIA)
Active international learning
The programme’s pedagogy is based on three main aspects
- case studies
- and professional projects in cooperation with hospitality businesses.
In addition, students will conduct an original research study and deliver a final-year thesis. The language of instruction is English, and both academic and professional faculty has international experience and /or background.
- A four-year degree or equivalent (or, in some cases: a three-year degree plus substantial professional experience; or for UK applicants only: a three-year bachelor's degree with honours).
- A good score in one of the following English language tests: TOEFL (580 institutional testing programme / 237 computer-based test and 92 internet-based test), TOEIC (830), ELS (112), IELTS (6.5) or equivalent. MSc Global Luxury Management's calendar info, visa info and language test requirements here.
- Note: no English language test score is required for students who have a degree from an English-speaking university.
- A GMAT or GRE score will be to the candidate’s advantage.
Courses by semester and credits
Semester 1 - 30 credits
- Fundamentals of the Events & Tourism Industry, 4 credits
- Globalisation, 3 credits
- Hospitality Operations, 4 credits
- Hospitality Technology, 2 credits
- Preparing for a Career in Events, Tourism and Hospitality, 2 credits
- Professional & Personal Development, 1 credits
- Research Methods and Critical Thinking, 2 credits
- Visitor Behaviour, 4 credits
- Visitor Economics, 4 credits
Semester 2 - 30 credits
- Distribution and Revenue Management, 5 credits
- Hospitality Management, 5 credits
- Hospitality Marketing Strategy, 5 credits
- Hospitality Metrics – Data Analytics, 2.5 credits
- Quality Management and Sustainable Performance, 5 credits
- Sales in Hospitality, 2.5 credits
- Service Design – Focus on the Customer, 5 credits
Dissertation, 30 credits
TOTAL credits (courses: 60 + thesis: 30): 90
Approximate course time not including individual and project work: 400 hours
These details are for information only and may be changed by the school without prior notice.
What makes this MSc stand out?
- The MSc is located in one of the world's leading tourist destinations (the French Riviera)
- The location gives students access to local practitioners and site visits
- The MSc emphasises new careers (web, distribution…)
- Through conferences, site visits, and projects students meet with industry professionals
- Students participate at the largest tourism trade show in the world, ITB in Berlin.
- Students establish contacts and build a professional network throughout the year
- Students can obtain the Certification in Hotel Industry Analytics (CHIA) which demonstrates mastery of all the key indicators of a hotel.