M.Sc. Corporate Financial ManagementSkema Business School France
SKEMA Business School is a school created by the merger of two French schools, CERAM Business School and Groupe ESC Lille in 2009
|Delivery Mode||On Campus|
|Study Option||Full Time|
|Tuition Fee||€ 16000|
|Start Date||September 2016|
Programme taught in English on the Sophia Antipolis and Paris campuses: January and September intakes.
Careers in corporate finance are undergoing critical changes in the global economy. Practitioners have to face new demands and challenges, and become true business partners at decision-making levels.
The programme aims at providing participants with solid technical knowledge and skills, as well as the transversal competencies which are required to manage complex financial situations in an international environment.
Special emphasis is placed on innovative tools and practices. Participants are trained on real life case studies, which focus attention on business and the role of financial management in market / customer driven strategies.
Why choose this programme
The use of blended learning methods means that class time is optimised for individualised guidance and discussion of the practical application of theories.
Participants receive personalised instruction from teachers where it is most needed.
Participants build fruitful relationships with each other and develop a community of best practices in their own field of experience.
Furthermore, the programme has an advisory board of industry representatives and corporate partners who review the programme every year so that its content is kept in line and up-to-date with the needs of the market
- A four-year degree or equivalent (or, in some cases: a three-year degree plus substantial professional experience; or for UK applicants only: a three-year bachelor's degree with honours).
- A good score in one of the following English language tests: TOEFL (580 institutional testing programme / 237 computer-based test and 92 internet-based test), TOEIC (830), ELS (112), IELTS (6.5) or equivalent. MSc Global Luxury Management's calendar info, visa info and language test requirements here.
- Note: no English language test score is required for students who have a degree from an English-speaking university.
- A GMAT or GRE score will be to the candidate’s advantage.
Semester 1 (30 credits)
- Financial Analysis
- Asset Valuation
- International Financial Decision Making
- Debt and Equity Financing
- Management Accounting
- Financial Modeling using Excel and VBA
- Research Methods
- Personal and Professional Development 1
Semester 2 (30 credits)
ADVANCED CORPORATE FINANCE
- Corporate Governance and Business Ethics
- Applied Financial Analysis
- Corporate Risk Management
- M&As and Corporate Restructuring
- Data Analysis
- Personal and Professional Development 2
- Advanced Strategy
SPECIALISATION TRACKS SEMESTER 2
Track 1: Project Funding and Innovative Solutions (Paris and Sophia)
- Private Equity
- Venture Capital, Crowdfunding and Fintech
- Applied VBA
Track 2: Financial Solutions (Paris)
- Financial Consulting
- Internal Auditing
- Investor Relations
- Portfolio Management
- Fixed Income
Dissertation, 30 credits
Approximate course time not including individual and project work: 400 hours
Total credits: 90
Financial managers, financial analyst, treasury managers, credit analysts, business development managers, internal auditors, cash manager, partner in consulting firm, partner in investment banking.
The 2013 recruitment survey of SKEMA's MSc graduates puts graduates of this MSc at a 100% employment rate after four months; the salary data results for graduates: €52 500 (France), €90 000 (international).