M.Sc. Strategic MarketingGrenoble Ecole de Management
For the past 30 years, Grenoble Ecole de Management* (GEM) has developed its role in France and abroad as a leader among French business schools.
|Delivery Mode||On Campus|
|Study Option||Full Time|
|Tuition Fee||€ 19300|
|Start Date||September 2016|
|Application Fee||₦ 20500|
One academic year (on campus) + project (12 months)
A minimum of two years of full time work experience in marketing or marketing related activities
Please note that the next MSc Strategic Marketing intake will be in 2015.
The MSc Strategic Marketing is designed for professionals who are already familiar with marketing concepts.
The program will expose students to a wide variety of advanced knowledge and promote understanding of current and multifaceted strategic challenges facing marketers from a conceptual and applied perspective.
The program prepares participants for senior marketing roles within organizations by developing skills needed to formulate, implement, and evaluate long-term, organization-wide marketing decisions.
FIVE COMPELLING REASONS TO CHOOSE THE MSC STRATEGIC MARKETING
Marketing Faculty ranked second in France for research by Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique (French National Research Council
AMBA, EQUIS, AACSB accredited School
A choice of electives to personalize the courseaccording to the students’ professional goals
Small class size permits interaction with a dynamic peer group
Please note that the next MSc Strategic Marketing intake will be in 2015.
Candidates should have a bachelor’s degree in marketing with a minimum of 2 years of work experience or a bachelor’s degree in any subject with a minimum of 3 years of work experience in a marketing-related field.
Experienced professionals already working in marketing positios will benefit from this program by acquiring a formal qualification and training in the theory and concepts needed to advance their marketing careers.
- Bachelor-level undergraduate degree with good grade average.
- At least 2 years full-time work experience in marketing.
- Fluency in English - see test requirements below.
To apply for this program candidates must complete the online application and include scanned copies of all original supporting documents. All documents must be in English, or be submitted with a certified English translation if written in an another language.
- 3 short essays
- Scan of passport
- Internationally recognized passport picture
- Fluency in English (TOEFL, PTE, IELTS or CPE):
- TOEFL: computer-based: 240 / IBT: 94 (minimum score of 22 in each band) / paper-based : 587. (Institutional/ITP TOEFL not accepted.) TOEFL Institution code: 8973.
- IELTS: 6.5 with a minimum of 6.0 in all areas (Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking)
- Cambridge Proficiency Exam : A,B,C
- Pearson Test of English (PTE) with a minimum of 63.
- TOEIC is not accepted.
- Please note GMAT and English test scores must be communicated to GGSB by the beginning of July for September programmes and by the beginning of November for January programmes
- Official copy of latest degree or diploma
- University transcripts: front/back with grading scale
Please note that for your initial application we ask only for copies of documents. If you are accepted, we will then request the original certificates or certified copies. These may be either sent by post or brought in person when you begin the program. This request will be made in your acceptance letter.
To ensure GGSB is the right fit for you, you may be asked to participate in an interview. You will be notified if an interview is necessary after the Admission Board meets.
Admission is on a first-come, first-served basis. Please consult rolling admissions deadlines.
For more information regarding the admissions process, please consult the FAQ.
PROGRAM AND MODULES
- Within the MSc Strategic Marketing, emphasis is put on current trends in marketing and the key strategic issues that Marketing Managers have to face.
- The continual development of critical thinking and analysis enables graduates to make sound strategic marketing decisions at managerial level in an international environment.
- Through studying special topics in marketing and with the choice of electives, students are confronted with the latest research-led marketing innovations.
- Administrative Issues
- Alumni Association
- Moodle e-learning platform
- Library and Computing Services
THE BUSINESS ENVIRONMENT
- Basics in Accounting and Finance
- Ethics for Marketing Managers
- Intercultural Management and International Negotitions
- International Business Law and Contracts
- International Political Economy
- Leadership and People Development
- Microeconomics of Competitiveness (Harvard Business School course)
- Building Brand Equity
- Customer Relationship Management
- Digital Marketing
- Global Marketing Management
- Managing Distribution Channels and Supply Chains
- Marketing Metrics and Pricing Policy
- Marketing Strategy, Planning and Innovation
- Qualtitative and Quantitative Market Research
SPECIAL TOPICS IN MARKETING (2ND SEMESTER): A SERIES OF 5 ONE-DAY SEMINARS
MARKETING ELECTIVES: STUDENTS WILL CHOOSE AT LEAST TWO OF THE FOLLOWING:
- Leisure and Tourism Marketing
- Sports Marketing
- Food and Agri-Business Marketing
- Luxury and Fashion Marketing
A five-day intensive personal development week, an optional foreign language module and a study trip to another European country with institutional and company visits are also included in the program.
At the end of the taught part of the program each student will be required to complete a final management project of approximately 20,000 words in length, under the guidance of a GGSB tutor.
To successfully complete the final management project, you are required to address a particular research question or knowledge gap in the field of your study.
This should be business oriented and coherent with your program's objectives. A student may choose to write his/her final management project on a topic grounded in his/her internship experience.
FULL PROGRAM FEES
|Fees to be paid by student||19,300 Euros|
Included in fees: flights, accomodation, and local transport for study trip. All personal expenses during the study trip are to be paid by the student.
Fees cover the tuition, project supervision, and access to all GGSB facilities. They do not cover accomodation or meals.
An administrative fee of 250€ is charged for student services in Year 1 and a further 250€ for student card renewal in Year 2.
Fees are subject to change. Please verify program fees each year before commencement.
Note: MSc Strategic Marketing students are not eligible for CROUS scholarships.
After completing the program, the participants will be well-equipped for positions such as:
Senior Product Manager
Group Product Manager
Digital Product Manager
International Brand Manager
Project Marketing Director
Sales Promotion Manager
PR Account Manager
Senior Account Manager
Director Digital Marketing
CUSTOMER RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT
Director Customer Services
Customer Relationship Manager
RETAILING, LOGISTICS & SALES
International Sales Executive
Logistics and Distribution Manager
MSc in Marketing students spend their internships in prestigious international companies:
Xerox Research Centre Europe
Warner Home Video
Schneider Electric SAS
Evergreen Laurel Hotel
Siemens Transmission & Distribution
Internships include: Assistant Key Account Manager, Assistant Program Manager, Marketing Assistant, ... among many others.
Interns put their marketing knowledge into practice not only in marketing departments but also in Sales, B to B Sales, Exports, Press & Advertising...