M.Sc. Management Consulting (Executive)Grenoble Ecole de Management
For the past 30 years, Grenoble Ecole de Management* (GEM) has developed its role in France and abroad as a leader among French business schools.
|Delivery Mode||On Campus|
|Study Option||Full Time|
|Tuition Fee||€ 22000|
|Start Date||June 2016|
|Application Fee||₦ 20500|
Program duration: Two academic years (on Paris campus) + research projects
Entry requirements: Bachelor's / License degree level
Degree level: Master's
Important dates: 15/06/2015 - Paris Intake
The objective of the Executive MSc in Management Consulting is to enable participants to build competencies in diagnostics and the formulation of innovative solutions. The program also aims to develop strategically-minded, ethical consultants, able to solve complex business problems and enhance corporate performance.
WHAT CAN THE EXECUTIVE MSC IN MANAGEMENT CONSULTING BRING YOU?
Participants will develop the know-how, knowledge and skills to conduct a rapid and effective assessment of a given business situation, address the problem and propose appropriate solutions within the constraints of the company.
They will develop competencies in the practical application of theory, in diagnostics and the formulation of creative solutions and will acquire a wide range of tools, concepts and methodologies to design, conduct, and follow through on successful consulting assignments internationally.
In addition, students will be able to actively develop their interpersonal skills in order to foster leadership, creative thinking, collegiality, and teamwork ability in an international context.
Please note that the Executive MSc in Management Consulting will open in June 2015 in Paris.
EXECUTIVE MSC IN MANAGEMENT CONSULTING PROGRAM:
Management Consulting has been growing in popularity over recent years and the business models in the industry are rapidly transforming.
The Executive MSc in Management Consulting aims to provide you with first-hand knowledge of the tools and techniques used by successful consultants in the competitive management consulting industry.
You will graduate with a thorough understanding of the global consulting industry; how it functions, the dominant players, the major sectors driving the consulting industry, and the key success factors for a sustainable and responsible consulting practice.
Prospective students should be creative, driven self-starters with excellent academic results and the motivation to pursue an international career. Candidates should have excellent written and oral communication skills, strong interpersonal skills, and display a high level of maturity and intellectual curiosity. Prospective students with specialized degrees and/or high-profile internships are also sought.
Bachelor’s Degree in an area related to business and management or technology with excellent academic results. (Applicants who do not have a Bachelor’s degree may be considered if their management/consulting work experience is deemed sufficient and appropriate.)
Fluent English (see test requirements below)
Only candidates with prior work experience should apply (minimum 3 years)
GMAT may be required for this program.
To apply for this program candidates must complete the online application and include scanned copies of all original supporting documents. All documents must be in English, or be submitted with a certified translation into English if written in an another language.
3 short essays
Scan of passport
Internationally recognized passport picture
Fluency in English (TOEFL, PTE, IELTS or CPE):
TOEFL: computer-based: 240 / IBT: 94 (minimum score of 22 in each band) / paper-based : 587. (Institutional/ITP TOEFL not accepted.) TOEFL Institution code: 8973.
IELTS: 6.5 with a minimum of 6.0 in all areas (Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking)
Cambridge Proficiency Exam : A,B,C
Pearson Test of English (PTE) with a minimum of 63.
TOEIC is not accepted.
Please note GMAT and English test scores must be communicated to GGSB by the beginning of July for September programmes and by the beginning of November for January programmes
Official copy of latest degree or diploma
University transcripts: front/back with grading scale
Please note that for your initial application we ask only for copies of documents. If you are accepted to a program, we will then request the original certificates or certified copies. These may be either sent by post or brought in person when you begin the program. This request will be made in your acceptance letter.
To ensure GGSB is the right fit for you, you may be asked to participate in an interview. You will be notified if an interview is necessary after the Admission Board meets.
Admission is on a first-come, first-served basis. Please consult rolling admissions deadlines.
PROGRAM AND MODULES
MANAGEMENT CONSULTING FOUNDATIONS YEAR 1**
- Special Topics in Consulting I: Industry Overview & Business Models
- Personal & Professional Development for Consultants
- The Management Consultant : Process and Diagnostics
- Analysis and Project Design: Understanding and Using Research Methods
- Project Management for Consultants
- Special Topics in Consulting II: Current Trends & Implications
- The Consulting Environment: Perspectives on Clients
- Consultative Selling & Ethics in Management Consulting
- Research Project
DEVELOPING CONSULTING EXPERTIS YEAR 2 **
- Financial Management for Consulting Projects
- Strategic Management for Consultants
- Organizational Design
- Driving Change & transformations in Organizations
- Special Topics in Internal Consulting I Lean & Six Sigma
- Special Topics in Internal Consulting II: Developing Agility & Agile Organizations
- Final Consulting Project & Report
*Content subject to change.
SPECIAL TOPICS COURSES
Each year 2 'Special Topics' courses will be given by expert practitioners whose consulting practice revolves around an area of specialization of current interest in the Management Consulting industry.
Students will be exposed to contemporary management and organizational problems and will conduct analysis and diagnosis of the topic through the use of professor-provided live business cases. This will enable them to put to use their skills and knowledge to solve the problem in small groups and in a limited time.
RESEARCH PROJECT YEAR 1
- May/June of Year 1 student will select a professor-tutor from a given field of consulting who will work with him/her for 2 years.
- This first project will be carried out between June and October after the first semester of coursework is completed. The project is Part I of the student’s equivalent of the Master’s thesis involving the identification of a business problem requiring consulting expertise (Research Question), the definition of the business problem and its treatment in the academic research on the topic (Keyword definition and literature review) and proposed contributions toacademic literature on the subject (originality requirement).
CONSULTING REPORT YEAR 2
- With same professor-tutor the student continues on to writing part two of the first year’s project. Now the project moves at the end of year 2 (Jan. Feb after completion of 2nd yr. coursework) to focus on a live client consulting case.
- To do so, the student focus will be here on making a contribution to the Managerial field (that of Management Consulting) using the knowledge from the academic research gained. Student must complete a consulting assignment for a client organization.
PARIS SCHEDULE JUNE 2015 TO MAY 2017
|Year 1: June 2015 to May 2016|
|Fall 2015 (60 hrs)||Spring 2016 (60 hrs)|
|June 15 - 19||Mon - Fri||30 hrs||Jan 25-29||Mon - Fri||30 hrs|
|Sept 24 - 26||Th/Fri/Sat||15 hrs||Mar 3 – 5||Th/Fri/Sat||15 hrs|
|Nov 19 - 21||Th/Fri/Sat||15 hrs||April 21 - 23||Th/Fri/Sat||15 hrs|
|Year 2: June 2016 to May 2017|
|Fall 2016 (60 hrs)||Spring 2017 (60 hrs)|
|June 13 - 17||Mon - Fri||30 hrs||Jan 23-27||Mon - Fri||30 hrs|
|Sept 15 - 17||Th/Fri/Sat||15 hrs||Mar 2 - 4||Th/Fri/Sat||15 hrs|
|Nov 17 - 19||Th/Fri/Sat||15 hrs||April 6 - 8||Th/Fri/Sat||15 hrs|
FULL PROGRAM FEES
|Fees to be paid by student:||22,000 Euros|
*Fees are subject to change. Please verify program fees each year before commencement.
Fees cover tuition, project supervision, and access to all GGSB facilities. They do not cover accomodation, meals, or personal expenses.
All students are required to pay an additional 250€ in student services and administrative fees in Year 1 and a further 250€ for Student Card Renewal in Year 2.
Note: MSc Management Consulting students are not eligible for CROUS scholarships.
Please read the policy concerning the refund of tuition fees.
Graduates from this program will be qualified for job opportunities in one the following types of consulting firms:
- Traditional Consulting (Strategy, Technology, Finance, SCM, HRM, Innovation…)
- Boutique Consulting (Specialized fields of managerial expertise)
- Internal Consulting
Based on the skills acquired in the program, participants will be able to deeply and positively influence decision makers in the organizations with whom they work. They will bring with them hands-on experience in particular areas of business expertise, including *:
- Interpersonal Skills (Marketing yourself and your consulting talent effectively, Leadership and Teambuilding, Effective Communication, Emotional Intelligence, etc)
- Knowledge of capturing Customer Intelligence
- Business Process Management
- Benchmarking Techniques
- The Bain ‘Top 10’ Management Tools & Trends
- CRM Knowledge and Tools
- Lean Operations (Lean Consumption & Lean Manufacturing, Lean Six Sigma, Total Quality Management)
- Consulting in Mergers and Acquisitions, Strategic Alliances
- Strategic Management and Strategic Planning
- Transformation Management and Turnarounds
* Given as examples. The content of these topics depends on focus of professors, cases, areas of expertise of students, and live projects selected each year.
“The MSc Management Consulting program at GGSB offers a wide range of tools, concepts and methodologies that prepared me to manage consulting foundations and develop consulting expertise.
“Through the integrated case studies and consulting assignments, I acquired the mindset to create value, maximize growth, and improve the business performance of my clients. One highlight was working on a live business case with Capgemini, where my classmates and I developed recommendations for improving innovation in technology and delivering strategic models for innovative solutions.
“In addition, GGSB receives top students from all around the world. The school stands out for its diversity, reputation, and high academic standards. Grenoble is also an excellent city for students to explore their potential and build their dreams.”
Serge Abi-Haidar, 2012-2013 Cohort
EMPLOYERS OF OUR MSC MANAGEMENT CONSULTING GRADUATES
- Mars Chocolat France, Strasbourg
- Accenture, Frankfurtt
- Michael Page, Zurich
- XRite Corporation, Zurich
- Crédit Agricole, Paris
- Saint-Gobain, Orléans
- MARDEC, Kuala Lumpur
- ConsultSoft, Bogotà
- Amadeus Corporation, Brussels
CORPORATE PARTNERS OF THE MSC IN MANAGEMENT CONSULTING PROGRAM