M.Sc. Forensic ScienceJain University
Jain University is deemed-to-be-university in Bangalore, India. Established by Jain University Trust and promoted by The JGI Group in Indian state of Karnataka. It is the member of Association of Universities of Asia and Pacific and certified ISO 9001:2008 for quality management. It is a member of Association of Indian Universities.
|Delivery Mode||On Campus|
|Study Option||Full Time|
|Tuition Fee||$ 3000|
|Start Date||July 2016|
Jain University is the only University in Karnataka which offers M.Sc. in Forensic Science. The degree will attract those with an interest in the application of science to the investigation of crime and analysis of evidence. The programme provides an intellectually challenging study of the full range of forensic applications. It is a multidisciplinary course covering physics, biology, chemistry, psychology and law. This course will lead you into a lifelong fascination with human biology and the scientiﬁc investigation of crime. You will learn all about human physiology, biochemistry, molecular biology/genetics, microbiology and how each of these disciplines can be applied in forensic science. Our course also enables you to specialize in an area of your choice.
What will I experience?
On this course you can:
- Study key elements of modern forensic science including crime-scene processing, analytical techniques, laboratory skills, human anatomy and genetics.
- Experience teaching staff who bring professional or research expertise into their teaching.
- Hands-on experience of a range of techniques in biology and forensic science in modern, well equipped laboratories
- Combined study of human biology with applications of forensic analysis, thus providing graduates with a wide range of career options;
What opportunities might it lead to?
Most of the job prospects for forensic scientists are in government sector, particularly in various law enforcement agencies such as police, legal system, and the investigative services of the central government and state governments. Some of the job options include recording findings and collecting trace evidence from scenes of crime or accident ,analyzing samples such as hair, body fluids, glass, paint and drugs in the laboratory, applying various techniques like DNA profiling, mass spectrometry, chromatography etc. A major chunk of trained forensic scientists are hired by the Intelligence Bureau (IB), the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI), etc. Another interesting career, rather the most attractive option for forensic scientists is teaching in institutes which impart education in forensic science. Students’ can also pursue research for further job high profile job opportunities.
The minimum qualification to apply is a bachelor’s degree in Forensic science / Basic Science / Psychology from a recognized University and the candidate should have studied Physics, Chemistry and Biology at Secondary/equivalent stage.
- General Forensic Science
- Forensic Physics
- Questioned Document Examination
- Criminology & Law
- Learning labs: Forensic Physics Lab
- Examination & Finger prints Examination Lab
Forensic Ballistics & Photography
Research Methodology & Statistics
Basic Computer Forensics
Learning Labs: Forensic Chemistry Lab
Crime Scene & Ballistic Lab
- Forensic Psychology
- Forensic Biology
- Forensic Audio Video Analysis
- Cyber Crime
- Forensic Toxicology
- Learning Labs: Forensic Psychology Lab
- Field Work – Mini Project
- Forensic Medicine
- Finger Print and Impression Analysis
- Elective: Advanced Forensic Psychology (or) Advanced Forensic Biology
- Learning Labs: Advanced Forensic Psychology Lab
- Advanced Forensic Biology Lab
- Internship – Hospital, Advocates, FSL, Detectives