B.Sc. Tourism and Hospitality ManagementEastern Mediterranean University
Having been providing higher education in TRNC since 1979 with all programs accredited by the Turkish Higher Education Council (YK).
|Delivery Mode||On Campus|
|Study Option||Full Time|
|Tuition Fee||$ 4190.63|
|Start Date||September 2016|
The mission of the School of Tourism and Hospitality Management Program is to prepare intellectually developed experts and occupational work force that will answer the long term needs of the world tourism sector and its relevant fields. As well as meeting the sectoral needs and preparing them for the professional life, our programs motivate students in becoming creative and innovative individuals. With the advantages provided by the educational program supported by relevant practice opportunities, our students pursue a wide spectrum of job opportunities upon their graduation.
An applicant for admission to one of the undergraduate programs of EMU must satisfy the following requirements:
The applicant must submit a certified copy of Higher Secondary School Certificate or Intermediate Certificate or the equivalent, demonstrating that s/he has satisfactorily graduated from secondary school, and must arrange for other relevant certified documents, such as transcripts or detailed mark sheets, to be released to EMU.
Application to Undergraduate Programs
Applications to the undergraduate programs are accepted twice a year.
Accepted Higher School Certificates for undergraduate programs
High School Diploma, Higher Secondary School Certificate, General Certificates of Secondary Education (GCSE), Higher Secondary Certificate, Upper Secondary /Secondary School/ High School/ Senior High School Leaving Certificate, Testimonial, Secondary Education Certificate, Senior School Certificate, Matriculation Examination Certificate, SAT , WAEC , WASSCE , NECO , JAMB, BACCALAUREATE. Not: Standard XII (Grade 12) should have been completed in the relevant countries.
Note: Standard XII (Grade 12) should have been completed in the relevant countries.
Documents Required for Undergraduate Application
- Photocopies of Higher Secondary School Certificate and transcript (mark sheets).
- One passport-sized photograph
- Two letters of reference (one must be academic)
- Evidence of financial guarantee (i.e. a letter from a bank) indicating sufficient funds are available for tuition and living expenses.
- Photocopy of the passport (relevant page) or birth certificate
- A copy of proof of English Proficiency if any
Note: English translations of these documents are necessary if they are in any language other than English
Transfer student applications or associate degree holders
Students who are hold an Associate Degree or a National Diploma can apply as a transfer student to the Bachelor Degree programs of the Eastern Mediterranean University.
The requirements for transfer applications to the Eastern Mediterranean University are as follows.
- Transfer applications should be to the 2nd, 3rd, 4th or 5th semesters. Associate Degree or National Diploma holders generally start from the 5th semester.
- Student should not have been dismissed from a University,
- All required modules should have been completed from previous classes.
- CGPA should be minimum 2.00 out of 4.00 or the equivalent.
- Photocopies of Higher Secondary School Certificate / Diploma and Associate Degree or a National Diploma
- Academic record / mark sheets (transcript)
- Short course descriptions
- Passport copy or birth certificate
- One photograph
Note: English translations of these documents are necessary if they are in any language other than English.
English Proficiency Requirement
All applicants for whom English is a second language are required to take EMU English Proficiency Exam, or present documents demonstrating their English proficiency level.
With its quality education in tourism and hospitality and recreation management, the Tourism and Hospitality Management undergraduate programs aims to be the leading educational organization in the region in preparing managerial candidates that will produce knowledge, and have the ability and skills to develop and apply this knowledge accordingly. Another aim of our program is to prepare our students for the most promising sector in the future.
- Computer Labs: 3 computer labs with CD-ROM, multimedia, Internet and e-mail facilities are available for students.
- Multimedia Lab: In-class learning is supported by the integration of multi media into the program.
- Fidelio Lab: The worldwide used software FIDELIO aims to provide students with practical knowledge and an education which matches the needs of the scientific and technological era.
- Demo (Practice) Kitchen: The training kitchen is used to assist the students in Hospitality Management programs to gain a thorough insight into the operation and management of a professional kitchen. Additionally, students are offered the opportunity of implementing theory into practice in Tower Restaurant.
- Demo (Practice) Restaurant: Practical implementation of food and beverage courses offered by our School takes place in School of Tourism and Hospitality management Tower Restaurant and Bar. Tower Restaurant offers students a unique opportunity to gain experience on national and international cuisine as well as service techniques.
Our graduates have a wide spectrum of job opportunities in the tourism sector. Transportation companies, airlines (e.g., air steward/ess, ground services), marine companies (e.g., cruise ships), international hotel chains, tourism operators and travel agencies are only a few of them. Students in Hospitality Management Program carry out their internship in the 5 and 4-star hotels and first class holiday villages in Turkey, TRNC and foreign countries (e.g. Hilton, Sheraton, Swissotel, Marriott, Kempinski, Radisson SAS, Holiday Inn, Merit, and Dedeman) as well as famous airline companies such as Turkish Airlines or Atlasjet or travel agencies such as ETS Tour or Puzzle Travel. Following the completion of their internship, our graduates are offered jobs in these organizations. EMU Beach Club is also another place providing the students with opportunities for internship. Graduates also have the possibility of continuing their studies at EMU Tourism Faculty by enrolling postgraduate programs offered by our faculty.