B.Sc. Business StudiesUniversity of Ulster London
The University of Ulster is a multi-campus university which can trace its origins back to 1845.
|Delivery Mode||On Campus|
|Study Option||Full Time|
|Tuition Fee||£ 9500|
|Start Date||September 2016|
This course provides an in-depth knowledge directly relevant to the role of the manager in today’s business world and demonstrates ways in which to apply this knowledge with strong emphasis on developing your employability.
- Be given opportunities to develop transferable personal attributes and entrepreneurial and innovation skills; qualities that are vital to career success.
- Be able to evaluate evidence, arguments and assumptions, reach sound judgements and communicate effectively in complex business settings.
- Gain a sound understanding of the basic concepts theories and techniques of business management and their application.
- Cultivate a range of personal and interpersonal skills appropriate to a career in business including communication, leadership, teamwork, negotiation, presentation and self-awareness.
- Develop competency in fundamental aspects of business management, including the definition, analysis and evaluation of business-related problems, and the ability to generate and implement appropriate solutions and to make decisions.
Careers and Postgraduate Opportunities
Upon graduation you should find your combination of knowledge and skills in demand with a wide range of potential employers. Typical career opportunities include management level positions in finance, production, purchasing, personnel and marketing. Other graduates may choose to develop careers in the Civil Service, government agencies and other public sector organisations. You might also proceed to postgraduate studies and pursue Diplomas, Masters degrees or PhD in a variety of disciplines.
Students must hold at least 5 credit passes (4‐6) from the SSCE (WAEC/NECO) AND have passed one of the following:
a recognised Foundation/Access course OR a minimum of 2 Cambridge A Levels
OR year 1 (level 100) of a recognised Nigerian degree course
OR an Ordinary National Diploma (OND/ND)
OR a National Certificate of Education Students with lower OND/ND grades or low Year 1 results may be considered for entry onto an International Foundation Programme.
For advanced entry to an Undergraduate Degree Programme:
If students hold at least 5 credit passes (4‐6) from the SSCE (WAEC/NECO) AND hold a Higher National Diploma with at least a lower credit in a relevant subject they may be considered (at the School’s discretion) for advanced entry.
*Classification: Distinction, Upper/Lower Credit and pass, look for at least a lower credit.
Grading System (SSCE): A1 (excellent), B2‐3 (good), C4‐6 (credit), D7‐8 (pass), F9 (fail). Grading System (HND): Distinction, Upper/Lower Credit and pass
All modules are core.
- Management Skills
- Introduction to Management
- Business and the Economy
- Business Law
- Business Accounting
- Fundamentals of Marketing
- Introduction to Personal Finance
- Graduate Employability Skills
- Operations Management
- Accounting for Decision Making
- Managing People
- Behavioural Science
- Management of Change
- Enterprise Development
- Business Strategy
- Issues in Corporate Governance
- Marketing Management
- Human Resource Management