You’ve finally got a place in the university of your choice. Congratulations. As you prepare to begin life as a uni student, may we suggest a few things that will help your university experience to become a memorable one? Time flies by quickly and as a student, it flies by even faster so every second counts.
Here are five things you must do to make your university experience a memorable one:
1) Mingle. Yes you’re in university to study but memories are not created while you are boxed up in your room or in the library. Remember what they say; all work and no play makes jack a dull boy. Make new friends, meet new people…your time in university is a great chance to build long lasting friendships.
2) Be adventurous. No. We are not asking you to do anything extreme. Just try something new. Go mountain climbing or take a course in photography. Aside from looking great on your CV, you create lasting experiences that you can share with your children when the times comes for that.
3) Travel. This is one of the best ways to create long-lasting memories. It works better if you travel with a group of friends. The more the merrier. Just make sure you stay safe and you travel during the holidays and not while lectures are going on. We want you to be a good student.
4) Host cook-outs or just host your friends. When friends come around, the gist begins to flow. Having a cook out or just having friends over for lunch and dinner is a good way to create fond memories. The banter, the laughs, the mood…they all work together to create the perfect memory years later.
5) Journal the journey. Keeping a journal of your experience in university is a great thing to do. You can track your growth and progress and when you look at the journal five years down the line, you will be reminded of events that will bring a smile to your face.
So there you have it. University is not just about books alone. It is where you have the opportunity to make the best memories. Use that opportunity wisely.