Yes, we know! You’ve been studying and attending classes, and now you just need a break. Don’t worry, if you’re looking for something fun to do this weekend that won’t break the bank, here’s a compilation of some great ideas.
- Pick up a local visitors guide — there are always discount coupons and low cost fun in those. Be a tourist in your college town and check out the sights!
- Organize board/card game nights with friends/dorm mates. If you have a healthy sense of competition, grab your favorite board game for a fun night in.
- Flash that college ID. Most places in college towns give a discount to students.
- Check out campus events. We always had free movies and concerts at our school on the weekends. Some campuses even project popular movies onto a building outside when the weather is nice.
- Take advantage of happy hours & student nights that local clubs or restaurants or places may have. If you want to eat out, this is a great way to avoid paying full price.
- Use free movie rental codes, coupons for buy 1 get 1 meals at restaurants.
- Watch movies together (at home) as a group, make snacks, grab a bunch of friends and pop some popcorn. What better excuse to snuggle on the couch with your crush?
- Why not cook for each other instead of eating out? Even if you buy new ingredients, making food together can be cheaper than eating out.
What’s your favorite affordable activity?